Seared Duck Salad with cress, quinoa, pecans, goat’s curd and blackberry balsamic dressing
4 duck breasts, skin on
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 bunch, picked water cress
4 tbsp goat’s curd
4 small radishes, thinly sliced
½ cup toasted pecans
Blackberry balsamic dressing
1 cup of fresh blackberries to serve
Blackberry Balsamic Dressing
1 cup fresh blackberries
½ cup Australian extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tsp brown sugar
Juice of 1 small lemon
1 small garlic clove, peeled
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place all ingredients into a bar blender and blitz until well combined. Season to taste.
Duck Breast Method
Preheat oven to 220C
1. Pat the skin of the duck breast dry with a paper towel.
2. Season the skin with salt and pepper.
3. Place the duck breasts skin-side down in a cold non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Without oil cook for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown, this should render out the fat. Strain off the fat then seal the other side of each duck breast for 30 seconds.
4. Place each duck breast skin-side up on a oven tray and bake for 8-10 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and allow the duck breasts to rest in a warm place.
Arrange salad on 4 individual entrée plates. beginning with water cress, pecans and small mounds of quinoa and goat’s curd. Top with an arrangement of sliced duck breast, sliced radishes and fresh blackberries. Drizzle with blackberry balsamic dressing and serve.