Chocolate Fondant with Cacao Jelly, Chocolate Crumble and Beetroot Ice-cream
Makes 6 fondant ramekins
Melted butter for greasing ramekins
Cacao powder for dusting
200g dark chocolate
4 whole eggs
4 egg yolks
100g caster sugar
150g plain flour, sifted
100g cacao powder
Chocolate shavings and freshly-picked rosemary flowers to garnish
Pre-heat oven to 180C
1. Prepare fondant ramekins by placing a small square of baking paper into the bottom of each ramekin, this will allow each fondant to easily slide out once baked. Grease each ramekin including the paper square with melted butter and dust the sides of the ramekin and paper base with cacao powder. Place ramekins on a baking tray.
2. In a medium bowl add chocolate and butter, place bowl over a small saucepan of boiling water. Now turn off heat and allow the chocolate and butter to slowly melt using the residual heat.
3. Using an electric mixer, place whole eggs, egg yolks and sugar into the mixing bowl and mix on a high speed until fluffy and pale in colour.
4. Reduce speed to low, and slowly pour in the melted butter and chocolate. Continue to mix until completely incorporated.
5. Using a spatula, gently fold in sifted flour and mix until smooth.
6. Spoon the chocolate fondant mixture evenly into ramekins and bake for 8-9 minutes. The fondants should now have a firm outer crust and a soft and gooey centre.
7. Remove from ramekin and serve immediately.
Spoon a line of chocolate crumble across the centre of a dessert plate, place chocolate fondant on top of the crumble, arrange 4-5 pieces of cacao jelly along the crumble line, and complete with a scoop of beetroot ice-cream. Garnish with dark chocolate shavings and freshly picked rosemary flowers.